1) To provide a broad based platform in support of People''s movements and issue based campaigns at National and Regional levels.
2) Organise workshops, training programmes, consultations, conferences and conventions on issues around which struggles and campaigns are taking place in various parts of the Country.
3) To provide either a forum for debate or formulate a political/ideological frame work and open it up for debate among movements when movements face ideological or organizational crisis.
4) To initiate certain autonomous alternate political processes on important and burning issues in the sub-continent.
5) To engage in research and study of issues of concern in which either TOM is directly involved in or in response to the demands of movements and campaigns.
6) To engage in production and dissemination of print and electronic materials with a view to generate popular awareness on issues of public concerns e.g.,Impact of globalization of economy, displacement due to anti peoples development programmes, environmental and industrial hazards and pollution, anti worker measures like restriction of trade union rights, exploitation and socio-economic oppression of women, backward castes and other minorities, humans rights and civil and democratic rights issues, issues of demilitarization, peace and justice. etc. In other words the larger objective is to promote larger values and principles of peace, democracy, secularism, social-economic and gender justice.
7) To organise tribunals on sensitive issues of public concerns to generate debate and discussion so that public opinion could be raised. Further to send fact finding