The objectives of the Zero Waste Management in Bangalore are
1) Create wealth from waste by implementing proven Zero Waste Management practices
2) Employing under privileged people of the society and giving them a livelihood
3) Improving the health and hygiene of people in the area by cleaning the area.
4) Educating the people in the area of the benefits of Zero Waste Management
1) Systematic waste collection system in urban areas, shops, composting of organic waste, recycling of inorganic waste and scientific disposal of non-recyclable waste.
2) Establishing the principle of cost recovery from waste.
3) A self-sustaining project through waste collection fee both, selling recyclable waste, organic products like compost, egg shell powder etc.
4) Creating employment and enterprise opportunities in Green Industry especially among Self Help Groups (Both Women & Men).
5) Encouraging 100% d Vegetable roof gardening/ kitchen gardening models in urban area.
6) Informed and sensitized civil society and NGOs (Rotary / Lions club etc.,) who can be motivated and involved in other similar projects and initiatives.
7) Education and involvement of Youth (Both college / School) in general and students in particular in environmental governance.