-JSS is a public health NGO in rural Chhattisgarh that has a long association with AID India and in particular, AID Boston
- JSS provides Medical Care to a population of 1 million from regions as far as M.P
- JSS started as a 14 person team 11 years ago in the village of Ganiyari but has now expanded to a 250+ person team providing an intensive program for preventative, Community Health and Curative care for approx. 25,000 persons in 3 clusters.
-AID Boston volunteers recently helped raise funds for JSS that are in the process of being deployed into various projects. In particular
- A talk by Dr. Yogesh Jain (one of the principal founders of JSS) organized at MIT by AID Boston raised $50,000 in personal donations.
- The outreach efforts of AID Boston volunteers resulted in a donation of $60,000 from Peter White, CEO of JF White construction company, Framingham towards the purchase of priority equipment at JSS
- The funds approved for this project will be drawn from the money that was raised during Dr. Jains talk which is currently in AID Bostons account