This proposed program has following main objectives to intervention in implementation of NREGP.
A. A public awareness program on critical issues in the NREGP through street theater and documentary films.
B. Direct intervention in selected villages through youth volunteers.
In addition to the objecttives above, following specific activities are being planned for this phase,based on experiences of the first phase
- Leaving urbanized mandals ex: Anakapalli, Kasimkota
- Take up one panchayat as one single unit.
- From the experiences of Srikakulam district ,during agriculture season,
o Kitchen garden for poor families
o Supervision of Angan wadi centers
- Conducting workshops for volunteers to improve skills and understandingability
- Labor committees are formed in villages - Identifying people having leadership qualities in those groups and getting work
done from them.
- Collecting Rs.1 per month for every year (Rs.12 for an year) and using it for labor committee leaders travel expenses.
- Expanding volunteers their activities from 3 to 4 villages.